Thursday, May 3, 2007

The first of the long goodbyes.

I was reading Emily's post when it dawned on me. I only have 6 more weeks of teaching, only 3 of which are whole weeks, before I switch roles and once again become a student. I wish I could stay.

Yesterday was 12th grade's last day of classes. Next week they have to take their final exams which will decide if they can attend University in the fall. It was a little sad to say goodbye to the first of my classes. Although on the positive side, my life will no longer peppered with questions of "go to th
e bed with the boyfriend?" At this point I think it is a fair trade.

Actual teaching stuff:


Recently I was surfing various ESL/EFL sites when I found it. The best lists of Vocab words. I wish that I had found it earlier.


The website:
http://www.esl-images.com/subpage1.asp

It is always interesting to see what works with one class, and not another. Of the Australia
lesson that I taught last week, the animals station was popular in every class. The pictures
and food were also well liked (well the cookies were, but the Vegimite was met with twisted
faces of horror) however the history section took the longest.

The stations, themselves were only problematic in one class, because they did not want
to move. The others seemed to like it. 9 hetfő chose to work in pairs, where as 11 szerda
worked as a class.




No comments: